Whether it is the investment side of our business or asset management, Maple Knoll Capital has a rare ability to overcome complexity and turn it into an advantage
Maple Knoll Capital has two distinct approaches when it comes to identifying investment opportunities:
Unconventional or ‘bizarre’ core: identifying high-quality assets with unique, non-prime attributes which can deliver higher income-focused returns with minimal additional risk and strong downside protection.
Special situations: seeking select investments where attractive assets are embedded within complexity that deters others, but which provide Maple Knoll with an opportunity to create or increase capital value.MORE ABOUT — Investment management
Maple Knoll Capital has deep experience sourcing, executing and managing compelling risk-adjusted investments. As a principal investor, we have executed over €17 billion of transactions across real estate, infrastructure and credit and, in the last two years, we have acquired over 250,000m2 of commercial real estate in Europe via multiple transactions with an aggregate value over €500 million. When executing investment opportunities, Maple Knoll deploys an entrepreneurial and innovative approach to overcome complexity and turn it into advantage.
Our track record includes executing transactions in a variety of situations (public-to-private, auctions, recapitalisations, mergers) in many different countries including the USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Germany and France. We also have invested across the capital structure – equity, debt, preferred and hybrid instruments.
Whether in the context of unconventional / ‘bizarre’ core or special situations, our investment decisions are based upon rigorous analyses around market dynamics, asset characteristics, cash flow generation and exit liquidity. We approach each investment opportunity as a principal investor because that is who we are – we co-invest in each transaction to ensure complete alignment with our partners.
Our preferred investment targets focus around:
- Size: €20 million to €200 million
- Asset type:
- Commercial: office, retail, light industrial, logistics
- Residential: multi-family portfolios; selected new developments
- Region: European Union, in particular France, Germany, the Benelux countries and the United Kingdom
Throughout the investment process – from initial sourcing, to consummation, to final exit – we approach investment management with passion, dedication and integrity.
Maple Knoll Capital is a proactive asset manager for its principal investments and select third-party mandates, working closely with other local third-party service providers to drive our investments forward.
Our asset management objective is to maximize investment returns via operational excellence, capital investment, robust corporate governance and vigilant risk management. Asset management and value creation starts early in the investment phase to avoid any hesitation between investment and ownership.MORE ABOUT — Asset management
Maple Knoll Capital delivers a bespoke business plan for each investment in order to maximise value from income generation and / or capital value appreciation. Whether assisting in the investment process, delivering operational oversight or managing the exit process, we approach asset management with passion, dedication and integrity.
Our asset management approach focuses on maximising investment returns and includes:
- deploying resources strategically to improve badly managed assets and maintain or increase value
- structuring rental agreements to attract tenants, provide flexibility, reduce vacancies and limit liability exposure
- executing value-release strategies via capital expenditure, redevelopment or new development
- managing the relationship with finance providers
- navigating and complying with the legal and tax rules in various jurisdictions
- working with property managers and other third-party specialists with direct, local, micro-market knowledge
- monitoring all developments – operational, financing, market – to then respond to dynamics that might negatively impact asset value or investment performance
As an asset manager, Maple Knoll applies innovation and entrepreneurialism so we, our partners and our clients achieve the highest possible investment performance.
We recently have been appointed by Canada-based European Commercial Real Estate Limited to act as its exclusive investment and asset manager in Europe, with a remit to identify, execute and asset manage transactions across the continent.